Friday, November 20, 2009

'The Stone Bridge' Image

Thank you for all the comments on this Image. A little information about this shot and how I took it. First, I call this 'Stone Bridge' which it rightfully is. Located on the Paulinskill River in Warren County, New Jersey south of Blairstown. My friends and I use to canoe this section of the river all the time 20-30 years ago, and was always amazed by the reflection the bridge made of the tunnel effect . Every image i took of it was good, but there was always wind involved making the water ripple. But one day last year my good friend Joe and I took the old canoe back out, put it in Columbia Lake where there is a dam on the river before it flows into the Delaware River. We enjoyed the lakes beauty, fly fishing was excellent, then started to paddle upstream about a half mile until we came upon the 'Stone Bridge'. Not even a breeze was anywhere to be felt, and the conditions perfect.
Took out my trusty Nikon D90 out of the plastic protective bag and anchored the canoe. We waited until there was no ripple from the paddles and canoe. I set My ISO a bit higher at 400, so I could control my shutter speed to a faster mode set at 1/500 and aperture at f4. Load and behold a perfect tunnel effect. I took many images of this because like i said before it took almost 20 years to get this shot just right. It sure was perfect day on the river, with this image as proof after 20 years of trying to get it just right. Go to my site and view more of my Images.
Really appreciate the comments, keep them coming!


1 comment:

  1. Gerry! Way to go, man. Excellent job and excellent post! That's what I want to see! And not only me, I'm sure. Beautiful!
    Patty D.

    ReplyDelete