Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dunnfield Creek - Worthington State Forest - New Jersey



The Appalachian Trail, stretches over two thousand miles from Georgia to Maine, enters New Jersey at the Delaware Water Gap in Worthington State Forest. The Jersey section gives a view and a feeling of what this area must of been like two hundred years ago. Dunnfield Creek runs down along the trail coming from the spring fed Sunfish Pond four miles above emptying into the Delaware River. I came upon the perfect place to rest, drink some water, and admire this pristine place. I really started to 'look' at the beauty of the creek in front of me with the harmonious sounds of running water which truly inspired me. A very peaceful place to be indeed absorbing the beauty of mother nature. Shooting this was just adjustments on my Nikon D90 using the aperture mode. at 3.5 and a shutter speed of one second with a ISO set at 800 adjusting it as I viewed the image. My philosophy is to take the time to really look at your subject or view and try to shoot just as you see it keeping true to the shades of the wonderful colors abound. I hope it inspires you to check it out and take in the beauty as I did. If your ever in the area and have the time it's definitely worth the hike. Check out some more of my 'Rivers of New Jersey' Images on my web site in the Events tab, clicking on Galleries. Thanks for your time and keep shooting. If you journey there, drop me a line and let me know how you liked it.
As always,
Gerry
And on FaceBook


No comments:

Post a Comment