Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hello again and welcome back to my blog. Just want to keep all of you updated on my adventures and plans for 2010. To start off with, I'm very excited about my new venture of photographing New Jersey Trout Rivers and Streams. Since I am an avid fly-fisherman and conservationist, I want to share some of my Images of my favorite fishing holes on my Web Site in the Event Tab in Galleries.
Also to talk about the preservation and conservation that all our prime Trout waters need to survive so our children's children's children can enjoy the same pleasures and solitudes that fishing brings to all who love this fine sport. In my eyes there's nothing better than feeling one with the river. To 'match the hatch' as they say, creating an imitation of the nature aquatic insects that come off the bottoms of the river, go airborne and mate, lay their eggs for only a few weeks of the year. Amazing how the life cycle of 'Bugs' can turn you into a amateur Entomologist, to understand the rivers resources and food abundance. witnessing the hungry Trout during hatch feeding frenzies, makes you realize that like the Eagles, Hawks, and Falcons of the sky, Trout, Salmon, and Steeleheads, are the predators of the water. Really an amazing sight to see and witness feeling one with nature, the river and deep into yourself. Makes for good story telling.
So as I said before, I posted some of my favorite spots, and remember conservation is the key, also cleanliness of our treasured Rivers that we love. So bring a camera instead of a net and catch, play with, and release the beautiful Trout that lives in their domain. Remember we are the guests in their home so enjoy their company and respect their environment! Thanks again for all your support and 'Good fishing'! Release with a smile.

Always,
Gerry
GV Photographics

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the water respect and love the black and white pic. That was a great day of hiking. Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats a very good idea! Love it!
    When are you gonna shoot some pictures of the "infamous" Dalaware Water Gap?

    ReplyDelete