Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Adventure, Teaching Guitar

As a teacher of the guitar, I tell my students how I learned to play. Being self taught. I played off my records and CD’S with my favorite players and bands. By doing this, you learn the timing of a song, chords, chorus, breaks and counts. A very close friend and good guitar player once told me, “Why not learn from the best!”. Absolutely right! And with todays access to media like You Tube, Chordie.com, makes it that much available to learn songs as practice lessons. So let me teach you. I find teaching the guitar gives me a wonderful sense of accomplishment and joy watching my students excel and smile when they start to really play. I truley love teaching. Bryan Adams said in a song, " I got my first real six string. Bought it at the five and dime. Played it until my fingers bled, was the summer of 69’”.Thats how you get good, you practice with passion! So keep playing hard, it will come!.


Call or email me for lesson details. Will travel to your home or you can come to mine for a one hour lesson. And check out my secondary web site too http://web.me.com/jayvit/Site_2/Welcome.html


By the way I took this Image of Bryan Adams at the PNC Bank Art Center, Holmdale,N.J. In the 'Summer of 08'!, see more of my Images at my site: gvphotographics.com. Thank you and will let you all know how it goes. Rock on!


Gerry

GV Photographics


1 comment:

  1. Red! Way to go, man. Wishing you all the best on your new "job"! Sure hope you don't get too frustrated with your students!
    John D.

    ReplyDelete