Sunday, December 5, 2010

Remembering John Lennon



I guess we all can remember exactly where we were on a given tragic event example, JFK assassination, World Trade Center tragedy, and the death of John Lennon. It will be 30 years on December 8th that John Lennon was gunned down by a demented person Mark David Chapman in front of his home at the Dakota, NYC while returning from a recording session. I was driving home from work. It was Little past 11pm when I heard the DJ of WNEW-FM announced the tragic Incident, I pulled over not believing what I heard and started to weep. I don’t want to bring up the negatives but only the positives and celebrate his life and the wonderful music he created for us but mostly for himself. To have all of us reminded what the man truly stood for And that’s love and peace on Earth. As John sang “All you need is love” ( You tube video ). You get the paradox feeling of sadness that he’s gone, but then joy on what he and his words meant to us. So as the time nears , reflect on his push for love and peace on Earth.

Photo was taken at Strawberry Fields in Central Park , NYC by me, Gerry, GV Photographics.

No comments:

Post a Comment